Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Ghosts" of Christmas' Past, Grandmother's Visit

In December 2005, my sister, Angie, generously invited our mother here for the holidays. JDS and AMS had only met her a couple of times while growing up, but JSS and COS had never met her face-to-face. My niece knew her only as a baby and toddler when she lived in California.

Below is a photo of my mother, whom the kids knew as "Grandmother," at one of those malls that is ideal for walking because one lap around the entire thing equals a mile. Cane in hand (and assisted by several breaks like the one pictured below), my mom made it all the way around the mall! I was thrilled for her achievement.

My mother is getting ready to celebrate her third Christmas with Jesus...and our precious son, Jude...free of all of the illnesses that plagued her life here on Earth. Praise God for His unfailing love and desire to reconcile us to Himself in the person of His Son, Jesus!

From left, COS on AMS' lap, sweet cousin Sara,
Grandmother, JDS and crazy-faced JSS



No comments: